Craftfulness - Mend Yourself By Making
Author(s): Rosemary Davidson; Arzu Tahsin
'Making things can mend your mind' - Telegraph
'Chicken soup for the crafter's soul' - Publisher's Weekly
What is that unique feeling that goes hand-in-hand with making something from scratch?
Do you ever wonder where the time goes when you're lost in drawing or working with clay?
Are you happiest when you're sewing or knitting?
Craft enthusiasts are no doubt already aware of the joys of making and the frustration when you must put aside your project and go back to your day job or to less enticing tasks around the house. But there is more to crafting than the simple enjoyment of a creative hobby.
Drawing on the first-hand accounts from everyday crafters, Craftfulness considers the vital well-being effects to be gained from the simple expression of your creativity, and investigates the soul cleansing and stress-relieving benefits of making things by hand.
An all-you-need-to-know friendly guide to inspire you to give making a go, Craftfulness:
- explores the science of creativity and the authors' down-to-earth craft ethos, as well as why everyone should develop a craft habit;
- suggests ways to make time in a hectic life for everyday creative work;
- considers how we can try to overcome self-criticism and lack of confidence;
- features simple but immensely satisfying craft projects to still the mind and soothe the soul, complete with beautifully illustrated step-by-step instructions.
To read Craftfulness is the first step on the path to leading a happier, healthier, more satisfying and fulfilling life.
- : 9781787472662
- : Quercus
- : Quercus
- : October 2018
- : ---length:- '22.2'width:- '13.8'units:- Centimeters
- : books
- : Rosemary Davidson; Arzu Tahsin
- : Hardback
- : 1
- : English
- : 745.5
- : 208